Gold shimmer powder adds a touch of Christmas sparkle to these buttery, shortbread fingers.
The ingredient of Lemon poppy seed shortbread fingers
- 250g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) rice flour
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- Red liquid food colouring
- 150g Coles White Choc Buttons, melted
- Gold shimmer powder, to decorate
The instruction how to make Lemon poppy seed shortbread fingers
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Place combined flour and poppy seeds in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add to butter mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into 12cm logs. Place on the lined trays. Bake for 17 mins or until firm and light golden. Set aside on trays to cool.
- Tint extra sugar pink with food colouring. Dip 1 end of each biscuit in chocolate and tap on side of bowl to remove excess. Return to lined tray and sprinkle with pink sugar or shimmer powder. Set aside for 30 mins to set.
Nutritions of Lemon poppy seed shortbread fingersfatContent: 152.004 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 2 grams protein