These mini pies hide an Arnotts Mint Slice surprise centre. Top with a dollop of thickened cream and you have the perfect sweet treat.
The ingredient of Mini Mint Slice pies
- 337g pkt Arnottu2019s Mint Slice Family Pack
- 190g (11/4 cups) plain flour
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, extra
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg, separated
- 2u00bd tablespoons iced water
- 80g dark chocolate, melted
- 300ml carton thickened cream
The instruction how to make Mini Mint Slice pies
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place 7 Mint Slice biscuits in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen. Keep the remaining biscuits at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, process the flour, butter, sugar and cocoa in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and iced water and process until the dough comes together and forms a smooth ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 2mm thick. Use a 7cm-round fluted cutter to cut 24 discs from the pastry, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Place a room-temperature Mint Slice biscuit in the centre of half the pastry rounds. Brush the pastry edges lightly with beaten egg white.
- Top with the remaining pastry discs and press the edges together gently to seal. Place on prepared tray and brush tops lightly with the remaining egg white. Bake the pies for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry feels firm to touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Coarsely grate the frozen Mint Slice biscuits. Dollop a teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the top of each pie.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream and extra 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in half the grated biscuit. Transfer to a bowl and dollop on top of the pies. Sprinkle with the remaining grated biscuit.
Nutritions of Mini Mint Slice piesfatContent: